Four steps to get started with your Mobility roadmap
Only 40% of all companies surveyed in 2012 had a clear roadmap of where they wanted to go with their mobile initiatives. However, they expect to deploy more than 25 mobility applications over the next two years.
As mobile becomes a critical channel for B2E, B2B and B2C alike, business and IT leaders are increasingly facing challenges on:
- Alignment of enterprise business technology portfolio (applications, data, processes)
- Selection of the right medium to address the channel (apps, mobile web, hybrid)
- Developing and prioritizing a roadmap to guide investment decisions
- Calculating ROI given the constraints that inhibit true business value
The key questions become:
- Should we invest?
- How much?
- And how should we start?
In this paper, we present a simple four-step process to get started with your mobile roadmap:
- Create a universe – Define candidate applications across business functional and operational areas to develop a bird’s eye view of needs.
- Assess change considerations – Understand what it takes to build those capabilities and what the expected benefits are
- Develop a roadmap – Create a roadmap keeping resource needs, dependencies and realization of benefits in mind. Create a governance structure and specifically provision of creating it.
- Kick off quick wins – Most important, set yourself for success by kicking off quick wins. These fuel the roadmap realization.
What are your thoughts on these? Please feel free to share your comments. Read our whitepaper titled “4 Steps to getting started with your mobile roadmap” to learn more.